Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 6, 2008 Graduation

My husband and I graduated on April 6, 2008. We didn't know the exact time of the graduation until a few hours before, but it ended up being at 5pm. My husband now has an M.A. in Community Development (his second M.A.), and I have an M.A. in Applied Linguistics.

I had to go out and buy a long-sleeved, white, collard shirt and a pair of closed-toe dress shoes before the graduation. I guess they wanted us to look uniform. I walked to one mall only to find out that it was opening an hour later because of a holiday, then walked to another mall and bought the shoes. Then I walked back to the mall I had gone to in the first place and bought the shirt from a place in that mall where they have discounted clothes cause I'll probably never use it after graduation. The fitting room attendants said, "No fitting of whites," and found the same shirt in blue for me to try on. Then when I got home with my white shirt, I noticed that it had a hole in the seam on the shoulder and one on the back part of the shoulder. I didn't mind because I only bought it to wear under my graduation robe anyway.

2 comments: