Friday, June 29, 2007

Bob's Concoctions

My husband is a good cook, but I’ve noticed recently that, sometimes when he’s eating, he likes to make strange concoctions. Ok, I’m also known for making strange concoctions and inventing my own kind of food, but some of the stuff that Bob invents is very strange, and sometimes it doesn’t even look good to me. In fact, when he had one of his wisdom teeth removed, I made some mashed potatoes so that he could have something to eat that he wouldn’t have to chew. He suggested mixing in avocado because they sometimes mash it with sweet potatoes. I decided to try it. I thought it tasted good, though it made the potatoes a little watery. Then Bob sat down with a bowl full and took a few bites. He must have thought it tasted too plain because he got up and, ignoring my protests, added some sugar. Then he added coconut oil and mixed in a glob Wasabi (Japanese horseradish), and seemed to be satisfied with his creation. Humm…. Then, after he was able to chew regular food again, we decided to eat oatmeal with bananas along with some very nice chewy rye bread with blue cheese one morning for breakfast. But because he likes soft food, he tore up a big slice of rye bread and mixed it into his hot oatmeal with bananas. Then he took a huge glob of blue cheese, and mixed it into the oatmeal, added some cinnamon, and ate it. He said it tasted good. I’m not sure I believe him:-).

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:43 PM

    Maybe because people have different tastes. And/or maybe your Bob ;-) is kind of an adventurous one when it comes to food...yah know?

    Blessings to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha i think i have different taste bud other than most people with normal tongue:) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny! Just as long as Bob doesn't insist you eat blue cheese in your oatmeat too. LOL

    ReplyDelete