Thursday, March 09, 2006

Strange Dream

Last night I had a very worrisome, vivid, and long dream. I was in some strange place, though when I was dreaming I didn’t think it was strange. The place was where I lived, but it was at a camp or something like that, and must have been here in the Philippines because I was outside often, and it was very green. The other people there were all Americans, though. Even my mom, who passed away about seven years ago, was there.

The other people living in the same camp were trying hard to find out who had stolen some salt from the church. I knew that I was the one. I saw myself standing over about a gallon size container of salt and eating some of it. I intended to eat just a little of it and then replace it, but it tasted so good that I ate more than I had intended. Afterwards, I replaced what I had taken with some of my own salt, but, not realizing how much I had eaten, didn’t replace it with nearly enough.

I knew that if they found out that I was the one who had taken it, not only would I be extremely ashamed for having stolen it, but would also be deported. I couldn’t stand the thought of leaving my life there. My mother seemed to be angrier than anyone else about the stolen salt. She and the other people were questioning everyone to find out who had taken it, and I was almost sure that I would be found out. I didn’t want to lie to hide what I had done. I was gripped with so much fear and remorse that I wanted to just confess it, but was afraid that whoever I confessed it to would be too angry to listen to me explain that I hadn’t meant to steal it, and had intended to replace it with as much as I had taken. Because I couldn’t stand the thought of being deported, I didn’t know what to do. It got dark and I tried to hide. Then I woke up.

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting dream. I'm glad you wrote it down. Perhaps something is stressing you and that is coming out in your dream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's also interesting that I remembered it that well because I didn't write it down until the next evening.

    ReplyDelete