Thursday, August 14, 2008

The Obssessive Compulsive Puddy Tat


When I arrived, my old man puddy tat was missing for the second time, but he showed up on the back porch the Sunday after I came. I noticed several changes in him. One was that he had lost his voice and had aged since I'd been there. He now has white hair and gray fuzz in his beautiful black coat. The other change that I noticed, other than his fur all over, was that he had become obsessive compulsive. Almost every time I sit down, he crawls into my lap. If I remove him from my lap, he crawls into it again. If I finally remove him enough times that he gives up, he'll settle down close to me and purr much longer and louder a normal cat would purr. If I'm sitting a the kitchen table, he'll stretch himself up so that his paws are on my thigh, then pull himself up into my lap. When someone gets up at night, my cat immediately follows that person and purrs. He hardly ever goes outside anymore, either. All he does is eat, sleep, and purr at people.

1 comment: