Saturday, February 23, 2008

in the village


We went to a village far up in the mountains. It took a six-hour long, tiring, bumpy jeepney ride on the edge of the cliff to get there. In the village, we went to a family reunion, where people eat a feast of boiled pork with rice. (Someone gave me sayote tops cause I don't like to eat pork.) When we came down several days later, I talked my husband into hiking, and we made it down to the lowlands in only five hours. It was great to get some exercise, but I could hardly keep my legs moving by the time we got down to the lowlands. We hadn't brought enough water, and couldn't find anyplace to buy water on the way down, and I was really feeling dehydrated under the sun. Finally we stopped and drank the juice of a coconut and some bottled water.

No comments:

Post a Comment