Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Why I Think Tequila and Salt Isn't 100% True

I recently posted a forwarded email, Tequila and Salt. I thought it was nice, but have to say that I disagree with it's statement that it is 100% true for the following reasons:

1. I think that only insecure or jealous people hate someone because they want to be just like them. I think I've known people who didn't like me or tried to put me down cause they thought there was something about me that they wanted, and that's too bad cause everyone has good and bad points, and I didn't think I was better... For me, I usually like people very much when I want to be like them in some way.

2. People do hate for reasons other than wanting to be like someone else combined with being jealous or insecure. I find that when someone often puts me down to my face and/or behind my back (and even causes others to snob me who don't even know me at all) when all I've done is try to be nice, and this goes on for a long time in spite of the efforts I make to befriend him/her, I start to want to avoid him/her and, in some cases, feel hatred towards that person in spite of my efforts not to. It's terrible to hate, but it's very hard to figure out how to hate the sin but love the sinner in such situations:-(. I'm still working on that. Another reason I would be tempted to hate would be if someone were to wrong me many times and never try to make things right or be sorry or care at all or even see that they've done wrong. You who are reading this can probably think of reasons you would be tempted to hate.

3. Sorry, but I'm not a Tequila fan. If you want to bring some over when life hands you lemons, go ahead. Otherwise, just bring the lemons and we can put salt onto them and eat them:-).

No comments:

Post a Comment