Wednesday, June 29, 2005

ECC Church Anniversary, June 26, 2005

About 6:30 Friday morning, June 24, 2005, I hailed a bus, climbed aboard, and found myself in front of a sea of eyes. I felt like I was in front of an audience because everyone one the bus seemed to be staring at me. The bus took me near to the Victory Liner bus station, which is where I go when I travel north. After around seven hours of bumping along on winding roads, I got off the bus at the Caltex gas station in Bambang where a friend was supposed to be waiting for me. Not seeing my friend, I walked inside to look, only to find myself in a rather barren looking place with just some supplies on one wall, a table with a chair in the center of the room, and a woman sitting behind a counter on the side. The lady asked me if I needed something. I explained that I was waiting for a friend to meet me. She told me to take my seat, and then helped me to watch. After my friend arrived and took me to where I was going (the CFM center), I told some friends there about why I had been waiting inside. They said, "Oh, they would never have let a Filipino wait inside." Then I got to thinking that people must not be allowed to go into gas stations here. And I just walked in like I owned the place! Filipino's are very gracious people!

On Saturday, I spent time with my friend and visited the provincial capital of Nueva Vizcaya, Solano. On Sunday, I went to the ECC church anniversary, and feasted on tons of delicious Filipino food. Then on Monday, I took the bus home in time to be able to go to my first class, which started at 6pm.

The following eight pictures are some that I took when I was in the north this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Great story and pictures, Essie! I am enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:40 AM

    Hi Essie,

    I trying to see how to work this comment.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:49 PM

    Dear Essie,

    I am soon traveling from Manila to Solano in the Nueva Vizcaya Provance and noticed that you were possibly well versed in where and how to catch the correct Victory Liner from Manila. I know that they have differant terminals and routes and I would be greatful of any advise that you might have in getting there from the airport.

    Thank you,
    W. Campbell

    P.S. I enjoyed reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Sorry, I just noticed your post. There might be something closer to the airport, but I'll tell you how I ususally go. The bus station is near GMA Kamuning by the MRT. If you take the MRT, just stop at GMA Kamuning and take the overpass from there to the other side of the street. Turn right and walk up the street for a little while, and the Victory Liner station will be on you left. You can reserve a ticket to Solano there. Sorry, you've probably already gone on your trip.

    ReplyDelete